Gloria dePasquale, Director & Conductor
Andrea Weber, Conductor, Prysm Strings Young Artists
Prysm Strings, formerly PRYSM (Philadelphia Region Youth String Music), is a string music education program created in 2007 to offer a unique introduction and preparation for string students to acquire and build skills. Prysm Strings and Prysm Strings Young Artists provide string ensemble and sectional master class instruction for intermediate and beginning students in and around the mainline, with rehearsals hosted at Bryn Mawr College. Graduates of Prysm Strings have matriculated successfully into other PYO Music Institute ensembles. Co-founded by the late William dePasquale, Co-Concertmaster of The Philadelphia Orchestra, Prysm Strings is directed by Co-founding Director, Gloria dePasquale, current cellist for and member of the board of directors of The Philadelphia Orchestra.
Prysm Strings offers:
- Unparalleled instruction and performance opportunities for the region's beginning to intermediate string students.
- Bi-monthly personalized instruction of string techniques in small instrument groupings.
- Maximum educational support from accomplished professional faculty working under the direction of the highly respected Philadelphia Orchestra cellist Gloria dePasquale.
- Rehearsal and performance opportunities alongside faculty, which helps to build performance techniques and confidence.
- Outstanding preparation and a level of student achievement that is recognized by The Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Opportunities for ensemble performances at official Philadelphia Orchestra events.
- Opportunities for students to become leaders in more advanced groups as they matriculate throughout the PYO Music Institute offering of orchestras.
- Venues for students to share their knowledge and talents through mentorship opportunities modeled on their experience with Prysm Strings.
- A platform for students to enhance and supplement their collegiate and conservatory applications, making them strong candidates for acceptance into the most prestigious universities and conservatories around the world.
2021 - 2022 Season Repertoire
Puccini arr. Ricketts
Mussorgsky arr. Monday
Telemann arr. Mosier
Ai Hai Yo
Symphony No. 10
Allegro from Sonata No. 1
Serenade for Strings
Lyric for Strings