2021-2022 Audition Video Submission Timeline
April 23, 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Online Auditions Portal Opens
May 14, 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Priority Deadline #1 for Audition Application Submissions
May 21, 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Audition Results sent to Priority Deadline #1 Applicants
May 28, 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Priority Deadline #2 for Audition Application Submissions
September 10, 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Final Deadline to Submit an Audition Application
Auditions are open to string, wind, brass, and percussion players. The Young Musicians Debut Orchestra (YMDO) accepts students ages 11 through 17.
NOTE: Please contact the PYOMI office if you do not have access to the required percussion instruments.
- Flutes should be able to play or be willing to learn to play piccolo. If the student does play piccolo, please be prepared to play the provided excerpt as a part of the audition.
- Oboes should play or be willing to learn to play English horn. If the student does play English horn, please be prepared to play the provided excerpt as a part of the audition.
- Clarinet students must have a B-flat clarinet, and if possible, have access to an A clarinet.
- Horn students should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Trumpet students must have a B-flat trumpet, and if possible, have access to a C trumpet, and should be starting to learn transpositions.
- Percussionists should play timpani, snare drums, and cymbals.
Annual YMDO tuition for the 2021-2022 season is $1595. A non-refundable deposit of $550 is due at the time an accepted student registers for the PYO Music Institute. Tuition balance is due by the first rehearsal of the concert season.
Financial Aid is available for those accepted students who demonstrate financial need. Applications are available upon request. Please contact the PYOMI office at email@example.com or 215.545.0502 for more information.